Retirement means different things to different people. To some it is the closing of one chapter and the opening of another. To others it may be a time of change and uncertainty. Either way, to have a successful retirement we have to plan and the sooner the better.
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- a savings tool registered with the Canada Revenue Agency
- conrtibutions are tax deductible and the taxes are deferred until you withdrawal the money.
- you delay the payment of tax until retirement, when your tax rate is lower
Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
- a plan designed to provide a steady stream of income during retirement
- required to withdrawal a minimum amount each year based on your age and the government regulations
Canadian Pension Plan (CPP)
- monthly benefit paid to those who have contributed to the Canadian Pension Plan
Old Age Security (OAS)
- monthly benefit available to most Canadians 65 years and older
- certain requirements have to be met
Retirement is about more than just money ....
It's about the changes in your day-to-day life. You must plan to balance health, finances, leisure, home life and emotions. Retirement is a significant period of adjustment that should not be taken lightly.
Retirement Planning can be a challenge as there are a lot of questions, concerns and options. Don't let this overwhelm you. Arrange an appointment to discuss your specific situation.
Mutual Funds Provided Through FundEX Investments Inc.